The incumbent will be primarily responsible for performing daily merchant acquiring for the range of products and solutions offering by the company with the objective to maximize profits. The role demands the incumbent to be an ecommerce expert and provide suitable solutions to merchants from sales to payment implementation. He/she will also assist the Sales Director to develop suitable products and enhance relationships with key accounts, partners and acquirers as the company drive for greater fee income.
- Assist the Sales Director in developing and implementing strategies to achieve pre-agreed volume and revenue for the merchant acquiring business.
- Analyze the main lines and identify potential targets with whom to cultivate new business.
- Monitor merchant transactions / volume and formulate appropriate merchant retention strategies to minimize attrition.
B. Customer (Internal & External):
- Verify all documentation received from Merchant is as per Underwriting’s requirement and agreement is signed/ stamped.
- provide quality service to all merchants with respect to their merchant/gateway services.
C. Internal (Processes, Products):
- Follow the prescribed processes for all merchant related activities including ecommerce set-up and activation and integration. Updating of merchant information on timely basis, handling/ processing of acquirer charge backs etc.
- Obtain adequate documentation in line with KYC policies at the time of new merchant sign-ups to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
D. Learning & Knowledge:
- Possess working knowledge of the merchant acquiring business and implementation for all payment solutions offered by the company.
Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Minimum 2-years experience in sales industry. Merchant acquisition experience and knowledge in ecommerce an advantage.
- Minimum Diploma/Bachelor’s degree.
- Interest in credit/debit card, mobile and payment processing preferred.
Required Special Skills:
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Results oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Candidate will be based in Singapore. Whenever necessary, he/she will work with the teams from the other offices.
- Regular sales visits to prospects’ and merchants’ location is expected.